The services that accompany an English language program are often just as important as the program itself. Dedicated UCLA Extension and ALC staff assist you in getting settled in Los Angeles, becoming accustomed to academic life, and providing helpful information while you are here.
The ALC academic advisor assists students with:
- Group orientation sessions
- Deciding on their next course of study
- United States college and university application procedures
- Guidance for studying in UCLA Extension professional certificate programs
F-1 Student Visa Advising
The International Student Office (ISO) provides:
- Assistance regarding visa and immigration issues
- Preparation of documents for student visas
- Approval for travel while maintaining F-1 visa status
- Advice on visa status changes, transferring between schools, and temporary travel outside of the United States
For assistance regarding visa and immigration issues, call (310) 825-9351, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALC students can access two multimedia computer labs at UCLA Extension’s Lindbrook Center, available before and after school. In addition to free high-speed Internet access, these labs offer language-learning tools and software to practice skills such as grammar, listening, TOEFL, IELTS, pronunciation, and more.