Enjoy small class sizes with UCLA-quality instructors and one-on-one tutoring.
What you can expect:
The American Language Center offers all English language programs in person in Los Angeles. Classes run Monday to Thursday from 9am-3pm Los Angeles time (for F-1 students) with occasional make-up classes on Fridays.
- Emphasis on listening and speaking skills
- Interactive classroom activities: pair and group work, panel discussions, and communication games
- Class activities build vocabulary used in everyday situations, listening comprehension, fluency, and confidence in speaking English
- Multimedia and internet-based lessons to reinforce classroom material
- 4-week or 12-week sessions, and one 3-week session in early September
- Students can enroll in 4 weeks, 8 weeks, or 12 weeks per quarter (with new study material in each 4-week session)
- Classes typically meet Monday through Thursday for a total of 20 class sessions (60 minutes each) per week
Our 12-week immersive English communication program ("iTwelve") is available in fall, winter, and spring quarters. Students participate in engaging English language immersion lessons and activities.
During summer quarter, we offer an 11-week immersive English program. "Summer11" is for students who want to study English while enjoying all that Southern California has to offer.