Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing for Mechanical Design Applications
MECH&AE X 428.74
READ MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course will provide the student with an enhanced knowledge and ability to design for manufacturability by providing a basic understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
What you can learn.
- Understand the basic principles of GD&T and how it works
- Learn how to calculate Positional Tolerance with applicable material modifiers
- Understand when and how to apply datum features to your design
- Study how to apply and calculate profile tolerancing
- Perform simple stack up calculations using the boundary principles
- Examine Statistical Tolerancing and when and how to apply them correctly
About this course:
This course will provide the student with an enhanced knowledge and ability to design for manufacturability by providing a basic understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing based on ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Y14.5 standards. The training course is designed to give members of the Manufacturing Engineering organization a general overview of a critical mathematical language used in all fields of engineering. Its usage, meaning of symbols and interpretation is critical for quality control, part fitment, inspection and many other manufacturing outcomes that can be affected by one’s understanding of GD&T.