Construction Blueprint Reading with Bluebeam Revu® (1-Day Course)
READ MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
Learn how to use the Bluebeam Revu® tool to navigate and interpret blueprints for your construction projects in a fast track one-day course.
What you can learn.
- Navigate a complete set of building construction specifications and drawings
- Spatially visualize the physical properties of a building based on the 2-D drawing set
- Locate key information in a building’s design documents
- Calculate key project statistics and understand the foundation for cost estimating
- Prepare and present drawing markups and comparisons to assist in project management
About this course:
This 8-hour class provides comprehensive construction drawing/blueprint training using Bluebeam Revu® PDF viewing software. Designed for all professionals with experience as a tradesperson in the field or in various AEC disciplines, this class presents the knowledge required to read a complete set of drawings used in building construction before diving into Bluebeam for hands-on, guided training on navigating a drawing set for a building construction project. All design disciplines will be explored, with an emphasis placed on architectural and structural drawings. Additionally, participants will be introduced to quantity take-off techniques, drawing overlay comparisons, and 3D PDF navigation to understand how one set of construction documents is communicated to every project stakeholder throughout the project life-cycle.