This program is perfect for...
- Financial professionals who want to expand their career prospects into public or private accounting
- Professionals considering the CPA, CMA®, and CIA® certifications, as well as those considering other accounting industry certifications
- Individuals who are considering a career transition into the accounting field
- Recent college graduates who are planning to pursue a career in accounting, or need specific course work for CPA licensing or pre-MBA requirements
What you can learn.
- A thorough understanding of accounting standards and principles
- Coursework relevant to the CPA Examination and CMA®, CIA®, and CFA® certifications
- Financial accounting, federal income taxation, and internal auditing
- How to make proper ethical decisions as an accountant
About this program.
Recognized by employers throughout Los Angeles and beyond, the Accounting Certificate equips you with a thorough understanding of accounting standards and principles, and prepares you to sit for the CPA Examination. It also provides relevant coursework for those considering CMA®, CIA®, and CFA® certifications.
UCLA Extension works closely with industry experts, advisory boards, and professional associations to assure accounting courses are relevant to current trends and practices. Our comprehensive accounting curriculum is designed for real-world applicability, providing practical skills to help meet the increasing demands of the accounting industry.
Courses in this certificate program are offered both online and in the classroom. The program can be completed 100% online.
What this certificate has done for our students.
feel the certificate helped them enhance their career
switched careers after completing the certificate program
received a salary increase after starting the program
recommend the certificate program to others
Click below to view the required and elective courses, if applicable, for this program.
Estimated Cost Breakdown
All courses in this program are paid for individually, unless otherwise noted. An application form is required to establish candidacy in this program. From the 'Apply Now' button, complete the online application and pay the application fee if applicable.
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy Fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.
Why UCLA x Online?
Establishing candidacy allows you to take one course at a time, or go the distance and earn a certificate. Every candidate receives a customized curriculum and joins a community with a rich history, vast industry networks, industry expert instructors and distinguished alumni.
How To Apply
After you click Apply Now (below), you'll be able to create a new student account and pay the application fee. The process is easy to navigate and you can always track your progress (My Applications) or proceed with becoming a student (Certificate Application).
Accounting students internship opportunities:
After completing 5 courses (min.) our Accounting students can enroll in an internship that provides you with practical experience in a variety of accounting job functions.
Additional benefits exclusive to UCLA Extension certificate students:
- Access to Handshake, UCLA Career Center’s online job board, with access to thousands of job and internship postings.
- Become a member of the UCLA Alumni Association (upon completing your certificate) and a nationwide network of Bruin family.
- Join us for the annual UCLA Extension Graduation Ceremony on campus to celebrate all your hard work.
- Get access to UCLA Recreation facilities as a student affiliate.**
- Open an affiliate/Guest UCLA Bruin ID Card** for a number of student-related benefits.
- Access to UCLA Extension’s Career Resources including online career coaching, workshops and networking events.
The Certificate in Accounting is approved for international students (F-1 student visa).
International applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting test scores from either TOEFL, IELTS or iTEP. Some applicants may be exempt from this requirement if certain criteria are met.
English language proficiency (minimum*):
- TOEFL iBT: 87
- IELTS Academic: 6.5 overall
- iTEP Academic-Plus: 4.5
Corporate Training Discounts
Eligible for employers who register 3 or more of their employees in a course.
Discount for CalCPA Members
CalCPA members can receive 15% off eligible courses.
Contact us for more information.